Monday, March 5, 2012

Design Wall Monday


I started a new block of the month, it is called Constellation of Stars. It is paper pieced and has 12 inch and 5 inch blocks. These are 5 inch blocks. It is pieced differently than I am used to, I have to trim the fabric to have a seam allowance around the paper. And the pieces just fit, not over sized for my mistakes. I think this will make me a better piecer.

Quilting that I have completed for Holly's quilt. The leaf border and feather surprise in the middle.

Here is the back.

I did an inventory on my finished quilt tops. I have 8 in the stack and new ones started. I am buying batting this week and put one of my quilts on the frame. I think I have the backing fabric sorted out for one. I am working like mad to complete something!

3 comments:

marcella said...

Cute little star blocks! Your quilting is looking nice, best of luck getting to a finish soon. The tops do pile up fast though, don't they?

One Minnesota Quilter said...

It is easy to get a pile of unfinished quilts waiting to be quilted. Good luck to you in getting them done. From reading your sidebar it looks like you have an organized way that you blog too...good for you! :)
Judy

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your quilting looks amazing!