Thursday, December 29, 2011

Simple Living

Irish Soda Bread



We had a simply wonderful Christmas with turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, baked beans (  I made these), fresh veggies, cheeses, pies and the pictured Irish Soda Bread. It was a wonderful meal and a   special time with family. It was cooked by my husband, who if I haven't mentioned before is just fabulous!


special Christmas snow on Dec 25th!

We have had a simple week of stay cation at home. We are visiting with family. We are playing games, sharing stories and cooking meals. We have been working out and watching TV. Of course, there is always a sickness going through. Most of us had it last week, but my son in law had to go to the walk in clinic this morning. I think we will all be well enough to ring in the New Year with joy!

That's what I call simple living at it's finest. Happy New Year to all!!

3 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a great picture of you in the snow! I'm glad you had a white holiday. I'd love for it to snow here but that isn't going to happen.

The bread looks delicious! Just add butter! :)

Amy said...

Happy New Year Vicki! It is the simple things that make life great. Hope your son-in-law gets better soon.

Marcia said...

I have to say, the Irish Soda Bread makes wonderful french toast...yum!