Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It has been a long couple of weeks.

My life has been upside down for a couple of weeks. My father in law died and it was difficult with my husband travelling back and forth 4 hours one way to the hospital. The memorial is Saturday.

The craft show was a bust. We sold 4 small items and broke even on the cost of the booth. I did make connections with other quilters who may need a longarm quilter and that may pan out.

I have been taking a bit of a break from long arm quilting. I will get going on a Christmas gift tomorrow. I pieced a top for a contest. Pic to be shown at a later time. I am tired and a bit discouraged.

On to work, living, loving and laughing!!!


2 comments:

Christy said...

Hi Vicki,
Hope things look up for you and you and your husband find peace in the passing of you FIL. I know that can't be easy. A break from the long arm might be just what you need...but if you are like me, you'll feel guilty about it. Don't! :) Enjoy the time for other important things. I'm sure this is nothing new to you, but sometimes...it's good to be reminded. I'll stitch a little for you tonight! :)

Vicki H. said...

Thanks for the comment Christy. I am feeling better this afternoon. I do feel guilty when I am not "working" and just doing "nothing." But I think that is what I need to do right now.