Sunday, July 18, 2010

Our little town festival was this past week. The image above is the annual pin you can buy for free food and events. The traffic is detoured in front of my house so it is inconvenient to get in and out of the drive way. I live a block off the main street and festival. There was music and I enjoyed- a Journey tribute band, Annabelle Road (country) and a Bob Seger tribute band. The last band was my favorite. They were the best and sounded just like they should. Saw a few people I see only once a year, like high school classmates. The craft booths were small and not my taste. It was a nice festival but I didn't get way into it this year.

I had a big revelation this week. I realized my age and how old I will be when my youngest graduates from High school and then college. I was a bit upset. Then I went to the eye doctor and he told me I need bifocals. And my way cool little glasses won't work for the new bifocals so I had to order new ones. Sigh, I will have to adjust won't I?!!

I have done tons of sewing. I quilted several table runners and place mat sized quilts. I am making a sample for the quilt shop and I have the top over halfway done. I have used up several yards of fabric and I have given Mom several yards of Christmas fabric. The total of my fabric stash is about 1 1/2 totes. I also have a stash of one tote filled with fabric given to me. I really need to sort it all out.

6 comments:

Marcia said...

the sample is half done! WOW... I am available to help... happy to hear you had festival fun and much sewing... I love to sew quilt pieces. I met a lady at the Hartwick Pines festival who does ONLY APPLIQUE-beautiful work. I did buy a little pin cushion I want you to see...very cute!

Amy said...

Your town festival sounds like fun. Sorry about your eyes. I know how frustrating it is when you can't see well.

Granny said...

Local festivals are so fun. Love the button! Old age is kinda funny . . the way it creeps up on us.

Unknown said...

You're not that old, mom. Just saying.

Unknown said...

Oh, which glasses did you get? Pic?

Vicki H. said...

I will update my photo when I get the glasses.