Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The block for my day. Sometimes, I think, less is more. I like it that way in music, decorating and quilting. I love this little, simple block. I could showcase my Civil War Crossing charm pack. This is going to be a true scrap quilt, but I am trying to use repro fabrics when possible.

I wish I could figure out how to import my block photos into EQ6. I will try again tomorrow when I am fresh. I need to keep track of the blocks finished and put them in a quilt template. I love this program. I have figured out so much already, I want to utilize it to it's fullest potential. Kinda like me!! :)
Another first today, was eating at a new resturant in town. I loved the food. Now to stick to the diet and exercise for the rest of the week to counteract my meal.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What resturant was it?

Vicki H. said...

El Rancho, it was goooooood,.

SpinningStar said...

I've pulled that book (The Civil War Diary Quilt) off of my shelf and I am looking through it. I have a stash of repro fabric that I need to start working through.

I can see where working on this quilt will be challenging since there are only pictures of the blocks, no instructions. Unless - is there a companion book with more detail?

On the other hand, making your own blocks is good for the learning experience. Ah, math....

take care!

liz