Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday and just a little report

I sewed a few blocks this week and used about 1/2 yard of fabric. I have heard that there is midnight madness at the quilt shop this week so the opportunity to add to the stash at a really good price is there.
I had lots of fun at the U of Michigan game yesterday. It was great ( win by a large margin)but I am tired today because Ann Arbor is about 3 1/2 hours from here one way. We did it all in one day. We had no place to kennel the dog so we had to get home. He had play time with my parents but he can't be left alone for overnight.
I am going to work on sewing this week but I think I am going to make some purses and pincushions. That should use up some of my stash!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! Go Blue!

Glad you enjoyed the game....

Mary-Kay said...

Would that quilt shop be Delphine's? If it is, could you pick me up some black batting? Just joking. I received an e-mail from that shop and my sister lives in Charlevoix and I asked her if she was going. She might and then she might not. I guess she has to want something to go there. Have a great evening.

Brenda said...

Hi I think this is the first time commenting on your site. I was just wonder where you live in Michigan. I live just north of Howard City. I quilt, scrapbook, crochet, paint and do a lot of different crafts. Come visit my blog sometime.

Brenda said...

Hubby says your probably about another hour north of us. I am getting use to the small town life. I lived in the same house in Wyoming, Grand Rapids suburb, for 28 years, but I am from Indiana farm land originally. Sorry about your injury I hope you will be able to do all your favorite things soon. Thanks for stopping by.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love those all day trips to go see a football game. We're FSU fans and it's about a 2.5 hour drive from here. Love going to games at 8pm and the long drive home in the early hours chatting with each other. There isn't anything like a home game in person!

Micki said...

What a great pic! Glad that you enjoyed the game!
Micki