Friday, July 17, 2009

What I have been working on






I have been working on needle cases with a failure at my first attempt. I tried to make a flannel 6 inch pieced square for the cover and as you can tell it didn't work. Flannel is not a good choice for small blocks and the "little quilt" idea for the case didn't turn out.









So back to plan b, that is the next photo of the pink and white one. I have to embellish it. I think this will work. I not sure about what I am going to do the the other 4 little blocks but maybe a very small quilt is in order. I have very little fabric left.

Here are all the grannies! Only three more to go and then I will organize them like the pattern and start joining.






It is raining on our town's festival today. Today is scheduled for Irish entertainment, the only music and dance groups I wanted to see. Maybe it will stop by the evening when the concert begins. Sigh, at least I don't have to pay the city to water my veggies and plants.



2 comments:

Micki said...

I love the needlecases...where did you get the patterns?
Lovely!
Micki

Vicki H. said...

I made the pattern up after looking at what others were doind. I will post a rough pattern tomorrow.