Thursday, March 12, 2009

I love exchanges!!

I received my pincushions in the mail today. I was so impressed at all the wonderful ideas on pincushions!! Everyone did such good work- Kim did the little log cabin (can you see the itty bitty pieces!), Angela the bird and pattern (such talent and detail), and the heart is everything I love (check out the lovely embroidery). Great job Ladies!!




I also received my dishcloths from Angela and Penny. Lovely stitches and little gifts in each. Now I need to think about what little extra to put in my cloths before I mail them out Saturday.... Both of these exchanges are in Yahoo Groups and the group is called Hand Dids. Wonderful group of hand crafters.

I corrected the border on my sampler knit afghan. It is wild, crazy , colorful and a stash buster for the yarn, before I added the recent stash. I learned so many stitches on this with unloved yarn. I thought I would make something useful and WARM!! Whew, I am crocheting an edging and it is toasty! My family has deemed this the Ugly Neapolitan Blanket. It fits, and I am ok with it. :) Pic tomorrow when the border is completed.


3/13 Edit here is the finished knit sampler afghan:




1 comment:

Angela said...

Hey I have seen those goodies~! LOL