Monday, February 16, 2009

President's Day

I did accomplish nearly everything I had planned on my list that I posted a few days ago for my holiday weekend. I put a border on Road to the White House today. I did NOT baste the posie top because I didn't have enough material to back it. I did NOT mail my heart strings blocks, no mail, duh I forgot. I WILL do these things!!

I am sooo upset at my local merchants. I tried to find some Vanna yarn and all I could find were a couple of colors at 2 stores at over $5 a skein. Online it was $2.50. The first granny square on my sampler takes 7 colors!! It is so expensive to live here. I checked for fabrics too and nothing for today. I just want some muslin but I am NOT paying $7 a yard.

So, I needed to turn my attention to things I could do. I bought the yo-yo maker, remember? So I made yo-yo's. I love making them, how fun! Here are my results-




I want to make a little coverlet sized top. I have only a couple of hundred to go.


4 comments:

Marcia said...

Your yoyos look great! At this rate you will have 100 or so in no time! Good luck buying the yarn you need! M

Micki said...

Your yo-yos are lovely! I am sure that you will love continuing to make them. I am busy with my hexagons and the geisha quilt that I am working on.
Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I will be following yours.
Micki

Kimara said...

I've wanted to make something with yoyos since I first saw a girlfriends yo-yo monkey, hmmm... almost 50 years ago! Yikes! Anyway, I'll be interested to see how you progress. Making a yo-yo something is on my to-do list, but I'm sure I'll start with something very small! Good luck!

Lori in South Dakota said...

I made a king size Grandmother's flower garden, hand pieced, and it only took 18 months in my spare time when I worked nights. I've seen a yo-yo top, and it was beautiful!