Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday



...And there was a fat quarter sale at the local quilt shop, here are my choices. I love the flowers and color choices. Hmmm, these will not be yo-yo's but something quilted.
My friend heard of my yarn dilemma, she knows my problem in paying full price. When she found an elderly relative's stash that needed a home, she brought it to me. I have a nice selection of yarn's now. Yes, it is a full laundry basket and a lawn/leaf bag full!!Rug's, afghans, table runners.... I plan to go through the stash and give away things I won't use. Note the books in the milk crate in front, all plastic canvas books. Not something I am taking up, but looking at the books is fun for inspiration.
See, having a hobby doesn't need to be expensive!! And be proud of me I passed up the Fat Tuesday Paczki (doughnuts) today.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Saying it is one thing... but, seeing all that yarn is entirely different!!! OH MY... have you any idea how many there are??? Fat Tuesday, Ash Wednesday... Easter just around the corner... SPRING! I am so ready...

Brenda said...

I think that you have gotten yourself a great little gift there with the yarn stash finding a home in your house!! And the plastic canvas books - that's alot of them!! I made things like kleenex box covers and that was fun when younger, and some holiday things. Enjoy looking through your new books and they stash, and good for you giving some away and not eating the donuts!!! Every little bit counts, whether it's organizing your stuff or not eating things you are trying to ignore!!

Micki said...

What lovely items! The yarn is beautiful!
Micki