Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

I stayed up until midnight last night and rang in the New Year. I watched the ball drop in Times Square and hummed Auld Ang Syne. I spent a quiet day with my family playing Animal Crossing, watching movies, Survival Man and the top 100 Heavy Metal Songs on VH1. During all of that I was crafting, Of Course!!

I wove the tails in on the hand towels and put the shell edges on the washcloth. I put the towels in the kitchen, finally.

After much pondering on how to finish, I basted and quilted one square on the Sister's Choice quilt. It is flannel, sandwiched in the middle is flannel and the back is cotton. It is still heavy, but not puffy. I love this quilt.

And here is the WIP's. I am finishing the blue cosemetic bag. I need to sew a liner. I have a zipper and plan to embellish with a wool applique. I am at the halfway point on the white felted bag. I love the mindless knitting with towels and bags. I need to be doing something but I can't always have my mind on counting stitches.
I hope everyone has a great New Year's day and that 2009 is the year of joy and happiness hoped for by all.



1 comment:

Marcia said...

Happy New Year!!! Love the craft items you are working on and/or have finished. I admire your continued dedication to crafting! Marcia