Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Nov 7


There really hasn't been anything new here. I did finish hand quiltng the Postage stamp table runner!! This is not a great example of the best piecing skills but I absolutely love the fabric. I decided this is a cute block but the pattern I used was terrible and the handles weren't easy to do.

I have been watching Quilt in a Day on RFD. Elenor has been doing victory quilts based on 1940's patterns. Wow, so many little pieces and she makes them look so easy. I want to try some of the blocks but they are intimidating with my elementary piecing skills. But as I tell my music students, practice makes perfect. Has anyone made any of these blocks? Are they as hard as I think?

I am going to start my Santa applique this weekend using the wonderful patterns I won from Dorothy. I hope my fears are settled over this project. Until I get my courage up on applique the Dear Jane, Civil War Diary quilt and Nearly Insane quilts I love will have to wait. Just google the names of the quilts and you will be dazzled by the workmanship of these antique quilts and quilt blocks without the use of computers and modern technology. Horray for the ingenuity of Women!!

Vicki

No comments: