Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday afternoon



I sewed the top 4 blocks today. My Mom came over and we sewed this afternoon. My DH and DS were at my husbands alumni flag football game. It is always held after Homecoming. BTW the high school team lost. I was hoping he didn't get hurt as he is the old man there. He didn't, whew, not being able to work before the holidays is a big worry. They also went to the men's group of the church getting together to watch the Lions. So I am having some sewing time.
The collection in the picture is what I have completed for the block exchange, 16 so far. I want to have 20 for the exchange and 24 for the quilt. Also pictured is the tote bag I am knitting. I think I need another color on it yet.
I am enjoying quilting because it is cold and I am feeling more into it. I have basted the basket table runner and I am will start hand quilting that tonight. I have some wool felt that I am going to try to make some Christmas ornaments.
My dog is being silly. He is really antsy because it is fall and he is a hunting dog that can't hunt. But wow he is into all of my stuff and constantly begging for attention. Like get into the pantry and get food out, eats my fabric pieces and jump on the table to get at my projects. It gets old when you are trying to sew. He is like having a toddler in the house that never grows up. Pets can't live with them, can't live without them.
Off to start hand quilting and watch the football game.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Love the bag. I have felted several I have crocheted.

3anklebiters said...

the quilt blocks are fantastic, what will they be when they grow up?