Sunday, September 28, 2008

Apple Picking





Yesterday was a fun day picking apples. We picked many varieties including the new Honey Crisp and they were delicious. DS was sure to read the signs and get the different varieties for different purposes. We decided we were going to mix them up when we make a pie together to see how it tastes. MMMM, this afternoon the experiments begin. We managed to get about 20 pounds worth, I am going to make some pies and other yummy desserts. We also purchased our future Halloween Jack O Lantern.


They had a little garden with the tallest sunflowers there. They were about 10 feet tall. I am underneath a sunflower looking up in the photo of the flower. They also had a petting zoo, maze, tractor rides and a gift shop. Lots of fun. My parents went with us and we had a nice day. The drive was wonderful, the orchard beautiful, a few antique shops to browse on the way home and time with family great.


On the creative horizon, I have several blocks cut out and the sewing will commence today. I am also slowly, very slowly knitting. The nice weather of this fall is keeping my busy. It has been so warm that I haven't been able to even stitch down the binding on my last bound bigger quilt or baste the other. Lots of time once the snow starts and we can't go anywhere.


Vicki

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Vicki, the photos are wonderful! The sunflower is amazing.
I hope you are feeling better and the meds are getting rid of the cough.